Monthly chat June 2016

Well this one is a trifle late, but hay so it goes.
For anyone who doesn't know the ropes of these monthly chat topics, the first thing to know is that there aren't any ropes. The second thing to know is that these are topics for just general chat about your life, anything you fancy, the number 42, cricket playing robots, what your playing/watching/listening to at the moment, any vendettas, weddings, death threats, international crime rings, communications with mysterious alien outsiders planning on universal distruction, zombi viruses your developing, you know, just usual life type stuff.

Well as for me, the zombi virus has had to go on hold for the time being since I'm horribly busy. The outsiders aren't pleased about this, but they do understand, for utterly evil ineffable life forms bent on the domination of the metaverse they're quite centimental really, and when I explained I'm getting married they went quite gooy about it, ---- wel l they're usually quite gooy of course, but they just went a little gooier.

Either way,  my lady and I are flying out to Pencilvania on Monday in order to begin wedding preparations, and hopefully also get her visa for staying in the Uk sorted (which needs doing from the states).  The paperwork is something of a nightmare, though the wedding will hopefuly be nice. We're thinking of the third of July, a date which has significance for both of us sinse it was that time last year when we admited how we felt, or at least when I needed to say something to stop my head exploding and to my utter shock found that my lady felt the same way. So quite appropriate to get married on that day if we can, though whether we can is still uncertain, particularly since we're not sure how available people will be given the big American independence day business on the fourth.

Unfortunately things have been a little stressful, particularly trying to fix my lady' ;s laptop and other such things, though hopefully it's getting sorted by now and will be over and done with soon enough.

On the plus side, crazy party rocks! I've found myself certainly more addicted than I have been to any arcade game  for quite some time, indeed I've noticed that my arcade game skills have been a wee bit on the rusty side, but do seem to be improving as time goes on, though my performance for those who've played me online has been pretty dire big_smile.
Alteraeon has had to go on hold a little since I have slightly less gaming time, though I've certainly not abandoned it, which is I'm afraid one reason why I haven't taken up star conquest again even though blindndangerous was kind enough to send me the soundpack, though hopefully I shal in the future.

I'm currently reading a very awsome sf book called bitt er angels, by C L Anderson, aka Sarah Zettle. It's nice to read a new author, and it's shaping up to be pretty fantastic, albeit we're in the setup phase. It's about an earth agent who goes out to a colony system which has a pretty aweful mix of totalitarian and ultra corporate government due to a previous agent being killed.

Mrs. Dark and I are also listening to the hitchiker's radio play. She (like pretty much most people I think), really didn't! like the end to mostly harmless, so I  suggested the radio play as the final end there is so different and so much more upbeat, indeed it's a celibration of all things hitchhikers and where the book left me feeling pretty down, the ending to the radio play was amazing, particularly given that I first heard the initial series when I was nine or so.

Anyway, that's what's happening over here, how's everyone else?