Re: Monthly chat June 2016

Well as far as weather goes, I think it's been an unusually cold and dismal summer in terms of rain and such, indeed it was dribbling this morning, then again that's usual for the uk. My lady has got quite irritated by the hole thing, though thinking about Tj in the guarden we did spend some time parked on the laun bench outside my flat. Actually my lady's sister with whom I'll be staying as of Monday while I'm in America, ---- more specifically the land of pencils and blood vessels has what in the states I believe is called a glider, though over here is just called a guarden swing, either way, probably nice place to parcus carcus and do either iphone or laptop related stuff, probably playing crazy party and doing work either for the site or  actually serious academical sort of things which I need to get done in spite of oncoming nuptules. Apparently it's uba hot over there too, which will be an interesting experience for me.

@Cae, about t he Nfb and their rather intensive ideas I can't speak, though I'm glad to hear they've relaxed on the hole guide dogs and canes thing, since the "get on without to prove you can" seems a bit loopy to me.
Having seen a bit more of american culture, or at least that found in the vicinity of pencilvania over christmas, I do think people in the Uk are a little less extraverted when it comes to complete strangers, then again I will say I actually found it refreshing to have people come up and say hello, though admitedly being my lady's curious English fiance might have had something to do with that I don't know.

One particularly wonderful thing about my lady is that she has pretty much the same intravertion factor as I do, though she's generally much more comfortable with herself in public when she needs to be, indeed it's ironic that she's far better at asking others for assistance when needed while I'm probably better at getting on without other people at all, which makes things nicely complimentary.

Things are very hechtic today as we have much packing to do and a long drive before a long flight on monday. On the plus side, I have worked out why my lady's laptop was causing hell, it turns out the navigation pane in windows 7 is aptly named, sinse a ppain it is indeed, especially with navigation. Hopefully it'll now be off perminantly, though we'll see. I also wonder if there is a way to turn off the touchpad on a laptop since she keeps catching it by mistake and knocking herself out of windows explorer.

When we get back again I'll have to think of another machine myself since we're getting to the point that program compatibility with games like griff and sites like youtube is making xp a bit more trouble than it's worth.
The mac plan unfortunately isn't going to be workable, since I just don't have physical room for two machines, nor to be honest with the lack of games on mac would it really help so much with the compatibility problem.

I'm tempted to just do windows 7 since having had to deal with the troubles with my lady's laptop I can probably mostly make it behave as I wish, but I don't want to be in the same compatibility fix in three or four years, so I might have to do windows 10..
My main concern there (other than compatibility and missing out on outlook express), is having the metro interface and whether I can make it behave correctly in list form.

We'll see though, since I'll also need to buy new speakers and some other stuff as well, and my life is rather too hechtic at the moment to worry too much about computer issues, though I'll likely always keep an xp laptop around.