Re: Fandoms, conventions and the idea of cosplaying

I'm hoping @dino might be able to provide some info here too, but here's what I think: Some of the costumes are really expensive and are sort of plastic but seem really, really detailed. Some suits, like Predator who is a tall character, are actually made out of latex and believe me I got to try on the mask and it's heavy. Seriously, I don't know how the cosplayers go around in that thing! I'm not sure what a borg costume would be made of. THe thing is, a lot of these costumes are custom made so that's what makes the price go so high. It's not even just about price, the cosplayers will actually put hundreds of hours of effort into their costumes, so it's what we'd call a labour of love.