Re: Fandoms, conventions and the idea of cosplaying

@Draq: I've only ever made costumes out of fabric, but some people use foam or a heat-sensitive material called Worbla to make armour and weaponry. I haven't been able to mess around with that kind of material yet, but I'd like to. So... I'm not a beginner, but I'm not super experienced either. I don't know everything.

@Aaron: I'll try to describe it. In Ruby and Sapphire, the original games, they wear red hoodies with large, rounded hoods, jaggedly cut off sleeves, and torsos that only extend to about belly button height. The hoods have a small black oval in the front center. Attached to the hoods are two small horns, sort of like devil horns-- they look more plush than hard, though. Their hoodies have a large black letter 'M' that is stylized to appear like a mountain. It's kind of spiky. Beneath the hoodie they wear a tightly fitting black shirt.

All magma grunts wear boots which are very... puffy? And round. They� 39;re segmented sort of like a parka. It sort of looks like snow pants that lead into a boot, except that the snow pants only reach slightly below your knees. They wear gloves of a similar style, which puff out in a circle around the wrist but lead into a glove.

Female magma grunts wear a short skirt and male magma grunts wear very baggy black pants. They both wear belts with square-shaped buckles in the middle.

As for the pokemon they have, Magma Grunts tend to have Poochyenas, which look like a small dog, and Numels, which look like a very short, fat camel with one hump.

New Magma Grunts from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are almost the same, but they looks like they're wearing a red wooly onesie under all their clother (except for the female magma grunt's legs, which are bare). The male magma grunt's pants become red, their belt buckles become wider and appear to be directly attached to the pants, and their boots also incorporate the textured wool ly fabric. The female grunt also starts wearing shorts that stylistically still appear like a skirt (the ends are flared outward) instead of a skirt.

I plan to cosplay the original design. I'm probably going to make the entire thing out of fleece, and I'm going to use the male outfit because honestly it looks more comfortable than the female one and I don't really want to wear a skirt in October. There isn't too much of a difference, though.

Hope I did a decent enough job describing.