Re: I really wish there could be a couple of mod changes

There are two major problems with the Walter situation.
That is the one instance when, in nearly 9 years of moderation, I have actually felt there was a legitimate, real, and physical threat to members of the community. This extended rather beyond Walter's behaviour on Survive the wild into other things he's done. no, normally we would not intervine on such a matter, but the case was so extreme that members were reporting to me they did not eel safe.

Yes, all the evidence and the several testimonies I recieved  could! have been falsified, but the corroboration by different people was what convinced me and I had to act in the judgement of what I felt was best for the community in that case, knowing indeed that it would! make me unpopular.
I will also say that it disappoints me that people are so quick to assume that lying has occurred and blame the victims. I cannot and will not ask anyone involved to publicize the information regarding Walter' ;s behaviour, but with attitudes as they are from some quarters it's not too surprising that they choose to do things in confidence, and I'd be a pretty cruddy moderator if I went and broke that confidence.

As to the trouble making, I will say another problem is that I have likely been less involved with the forum recently than I could be due to basicaly getting married and changing a lot of circumstances in my life. I can no longer spend several hours a day reading the forum, checking many topics and dealing with things on the spot. This is also why I encourage people to use the report link when people like Blink wizard cause issues regarding hacks etc, since the moderators are not omnipresent, and the more we know about drama trolls and such, the more likely action is to be taken, since while as others have said we like to take things easy for the most part and hope people will calm down, a point is reached when enough is enough and if posts are reported it's likely certain people will reach that point sooner than later, or at least see that point approaching and hopefully clean up their act.

I'll also say that I've noticed that certain people have a habbit of wanting to cause trouble for the sake of causing trouble, and as part of that will also try and  aggrandise themselves by exasserbating the size of the trouble they actualy caused.
In truth I'd say %95 of the topics on the board are still drama free, and generally the hacks and drama only occur with a specificset of individuals, indeed the drama as I said above seems to occur in individuals of! that set, so while I take these points very seriously and will be keepin a watch on reports (as much as I can), I equally don't think we need to be sounding the claxons for defcon one quite yet.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : TJT1234 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : TJT1234 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : TJT1234 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector