Re: star conquest. why do people hate it?

@Blindndangerous, any game where I have to rescript the interface or be killed is too spammy, particularly since as a new player I have no idea what to script or not script (and anyhow, if I wanted to program game interfaces I'd be making games not playing them).
I was trying to track things but by the time I'd heard "the computer tells you that automated rat drome 259283 has moved to coordinates18-92" and attempted to loc, I'd been hit god knows how many times, indeed I frequently got shot and had no idea qhere I was being shot from.

Frankly the game just seems badly designed, since half the time the aimn, track and lock commands didn't work, and the only answer "rescript or use a soundpack" is just not adequate when i'm trying out the game for the first time and deciding whether I like it. Also it was! a combat ship, or at least a flitter that got destroyed, and the rat drones weren't supposed to be too tough anyway, I was sent after one in my tutorial mission and I was only fighting one of them.

If the game has a less spammy track option which skips all that "the computer says" or similar, that would be okay, heck, I didn't even mind the coordinate based aiming,  in concept, accept that when I typed "aim +" I was told "you need to specify on the z access"

As I said, I'm frankly a bit irritated with the game, particularly since when I sent a request to the admins detailing the spam problem, both as a pm in game and as a request by mail I got no answer back, I  therefore conclude the admins do not want blind people playing their game, especially since they have a downer on soundpacks, or newbies come to that.

I also didn't like the fact as I said, that when i did! mess up and got my ship destroyed, I was basically told my alternatives were begging other players, or restarting my character. For two deaths, one of them on a newby mission i was sent to do, that is harsh beyond reason, then again as I said the game doesn't seem to want new players if this is how they're treated.