Re: user karma.

Were it possible to change the Karma system to a "liking" system where it showed under each post who'd liked what, I'd certainly consider it, though also bare in mind those sorts of systems can make board pages very cluttered and long winded to read (the core exiles board used to have one), however that's just not the way Karma works on PunBB.

It's not so much that I have a preference, more that this is the way things are and I prefer to look at the advantages of what we have and why it might have been designed that way in the first place.
As I said, were there an alternative I'd certainly consider using it, but I've checked the admin settings and there just isn't one.

Remember, that what can be done on the boards in terms of features depends upon what PunBB has. While we have got some custom coding for the boards such as the way news topics are written to the front of site, manifestly Sander and Richard don't ha ve massive amounts of time to hand code everything from scratch, and that goes doubly for what are essentially fairly superficial things like user karma.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Socheat via Audiogames-reflector