Re: Buying Eloquence

Lol, that's exactly where I'm getting at! Drm blows! Especially when used with a speech engine! Like I said before, you guys wanna buy Eloquence then wait for a sapi4-sapi5 bridge and use that, thus avoiding the drm, that's fine as well I guess. Hey, you bought it, and if just to pay the money, I personally don't see a problem. It's pretty much the equivalent of what had to be done with ITunes music back before 2009. And the secret to most, if not all, of those drm removal tools for iTunes, is that they stayed as close to legal as possible, all looking for a matching pair of license keys for the song and the master key that you bought, i e, the programs knew what was a legit song and what wasn't, so people still bought the music from iTunes, then broke free from the drm. So, if Nuance makes text to speech voices that are defective by design, and requires other companies to do the same, fair enough. Taring down that wall of drm is necessary if we don&# 039;t want to lose speech because of some paranoid license check system. And before anyone says otherwise, I do mean Defective by Design. Any company that makes software or services that do have users bound to extreme intrusive drm systems, is demed by the Free Software Foundation whom I fully support, as Defective by Design.