Re: Question for those who live in the US

My lady actually doesn't want to live in the states. I did believe it might be necessary for me to emmigrate if we didn't get the Uk settlement visa, but we did, and she's fairly emphatic that while she's happy to come back here to visit her family etc, she would much prefer to live in Britain.
One major reason for this has been obvious to me living temporarily out here, the State's public transport system is dam difficult!

Compared to Britain where pretty much every major city and most small towns have regular train service as well as busses (many of which have stop announcements), America seems far more difficult to get around if you don't have a car, since even getting! to a bus or train station takes a deal of navigation.

this is of course different in big cities, but they present their own issues for navigation, certainly when my lady and I visited new york it was busy as hell and so crowded it was literally hard to move even on a weak day afternoon, and even in New york trains and busses were only available from a few specific locations it'd be necessary to travel to

This isn't to say everywhere is like this, I've manifestly not seen too much of the states and America is a big place, only that it's one of the major differences I notice from Britain and one my lady notices from britain and germany.