Re: Question for those who live in the US

'I'm with figment.  Unless you have a ton of friggin money or have managed to get yourself on the section 8 waiting list and are moving along quickly on said list, stay away from Florida.  It's staff for blind and vision impaired individuals seems to be nonexistent.  Of those who do work that I've met, every single one of them seems to be either too swamped with clients to deal with you on a personal, individual level, or too lazy to care.  Apparently Florida doesn't pay them well, either.  It's a nice place to visit, and if you come near my neck of the woods I'll treat you to the best I have to offer, but you certainly wouldn't want to live here longterm.
Scratch North carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Missouri, , Washington, Kentucky, and Illinois off your list of places to live as well.  Minisota has a great transportation system; Texas has a ton of resources if you live in the right places available fo r its blind and vision impaired population.  California, from all I've heard and researched, seems to have both.