Re: Buying Eloquence

@Jack

Have it your way, but I refuse to blame Nuance without proof that they are the one's dictating the form of DRM to be used on their products.

My last job before I lost my vision was being part of a four person team that developed and maintained the software protection and license manager (DRM) system that Nuance used to protect their product. They used it in conjunction with their own code to do a one time license verification and activation of the product.

While the DRM system is still usable, it has since been discontinued, so Nuance may be using something else now. Since they use Install Shield to install their products, I suspect that they are probably using Install Shield's own license manager which is similar to the DRM system I used to work on.