Re: Monthly chat July 2016

(But daddy, I don't want to wait until Monday!)

Apparently it isn't exactly normal for one to return from training to find a new roommate having appeared in one's apartment without warning. They came down nearly a week early, so that probably has something to do with it.
I just finished both 1984 (Orwell) and The Eyes of the Dragon (Stephen King). I'm not sure what to say about either? I'm trying to start the Aeneid, and I picked up Roverandum off a shelf, saw it was by Tolkien, and then spent nearly two hours reading through the essay that comprises the first third of the book, since apparently they only expected Tolkien scholars to want to read a fairy tale about a lost dog who goes to the moon.
(Even though half the books are either religious or nationalist, it's still awesome to just have the ability to pick up random books off shelves and investigate, rather than fiddle with apps and whatever else, and honestly I discovered that I was very mistaken about how to spell a number of words just because I'd never seen them in braille before.)
(I do not feel like the training is going anywhere near that "confidence building" thing it's supposed to aim at. I guess I finally finished that blasted essay. Have I mentioned how poorly I get along with essays? Because I don't get along well with essays.)

(I also heard the sentence, spoken in what I believe to be complete sincerity, "I don't see how someone can complete the training here and not join the NFB." Perhaps I should go find a thorough introduction to the subject of mind projection and the typical mind fallacy and accidentally leave it on the couch.)