Re: Monthly chat July 2016

@Dark: Congrats on your marriage! If we're talking about the same place, I used to live in Hershey in Pennsylvania. Lots of fond memories of those days too.

As far as what I've been up to lately...Well, I took a one-day trip with some colleagues out to California in May. It was too short for me, but fun nonetheless. I've actually been debating quitting the part of my job where I go out into the field, so to speak. Long story short, I'm not a very good independent traveler and everybody wants me to see about maximizing that. Well almost everybody. Although, I *think* I just might have reached a compromise with my mother regarding this whole issue of going more places independently. This has to do in part with ADA paratransit, and I posted about that elsewhere on here so I won't repeat what I said. Speaking of my parents, I spent the night at their place. Today marks one year since they moved in, and the place is looking nice. They've had some wor k done to it, and are currently having some landscaping done. The workers are very behind, but my mother says they're scheduled to come tomorrow, so hopefully that'll actually happen.

Speaking of construction, the building where I live is doing great. The ground-floor renovation is all complete, and the workmen did an outstanding job. Now their task is to do stuff out in our backyard, which they've already started. One of my downstairs neighbors is moving out tomorrow. Not because of anything bad, but she just wants a bigger apartment and we're otherwise booked. But it was great having her with us, and this evening we're throwing her a send-off. She's not going far though so fortunately we'll still see her around.