Re: Harry potter books memories from harry potter fans

So,
for the record, I'd like to start off by saying that even now, years later, I still love the Harry Potter books.  I've read them at least a hundred times by now, which, I believe, qualifies me as something of a Harry Potter know-it-all.  Having a wife who loves them just as much has only added to my desire to do what I'm about to do, in honor of such a great character and these books.  Brace yourselves, fans; I'm about to shower you in a bunch of maddening twists and turns your minds have all probably considered but have never given voice to as we do, for we believe that Harry Potter deserves better than this.
1.  Starting with the first book, why does the story start on a Tuesday when the 31st of October, 1981 was actually a Saturday?
2.  How does a snake which does not have eyelids wink at Harry?
3.  Why is Harry's 11th Birthday on a Tuesday when in the real world it would have happened on a Wednesday ?
4.  How can Lily Potter (Then Evans) get away with turning teacups into rats, when her son can't even have a house elf in his presence using a hover charm without getting a note from the ministry of magic?
5.  why is fantastic beasts listed as a school book if Harry isn't taking care of magical creatures until two years later?
6.  Is Petunia so hateful that she would conveniently forget platform 9 and three quarters and yet somehow remember that dementors guard Azkaban as seen in the 5th book?
7.  Why is Percy's prefect badge silver?
8.  Why does Dumbledore send all of the students back to their common rooms when the troll comes into the school?  Isn't he actually sending the Slytherins to greater danger given the troll was said to be in the dungeons?
9.  The stone could only be taken by one who didn't want to use it.  Why does Quirrell not fit this description, given that his intent was not to use the stone himself?
10.  And finally, concluding still on just the first book, why would Petunia forget that Harry was not allowed to use magic outside of school, when she hated the magical world so much?
Oh, and because I just don't understand this absolute annoyance, why, oh why, dear readers, does Harry Potter wear glasses?  If magic can fix teeth as shown in the fourth book, why not his friggin eyes?  Yes, my blind and visually impaired forumites, much as you may wish it to be so, entering the wizarding world will not cure you, apparently!
All of these inconsistencies are just part of book one even though to some extent they are tied to other books in the series.  I've tried to list them as chronologically as I can.  It goes to show though, that even the most brilliant writers just, can't, seem to help themselves when it comes to screwing up somewhere, particularly when they create worlds that are just a bit beyo nd them in mechanics.