Newb Needing Help With Classes In BGT

I'll try to condense this as much as possible. I'm working on a sidescroller. In a level, I'm wanting to add a trampoline. So, I made a trampoline class and then created methods to give it detail. What I want to do is place it on the map at a location and then have a dialogue pop up when I walk over the tile it is on.

So example, let's say the map is called board, the player's position is called playerposition, and the trampoline's position is called for the hell of it, TrampolinePosition and it's in the trampoline class.

How do I translate it's position onto the board? I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense, I just want to understand classes as much as I can. Any other tips on classes or ways I can understand how they work would help a lot. If you want to have a direct conversation with me, feel free to shoot me a DM on Twitter. I'm really wanting to figure this out haha.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ross via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ross via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ross via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Omar Alvarado via Audiogames-reflector