It's also possiblle my gold rewards aren't accurate in a few places. They should be close, but sometimes I type 7 instead of 8, or 8 instead of 9, usually at the end of a number. They shouldn't be wildly off though.

Hydrake is kinda common. I found I came across them on hard-packed dirt and long grass, never ever in shallow water.

Also, level 45 before you reach Tangerian Tower is kind of overkill. You can be 35-40 before you get there, and if you've got the right manamon you'l still wreck Dustin.

Just going through manamon in general now that I have even more knowledge of the game, as well as Irroadium for the exp trick and 17 level-up herbs. I stumbled across a Murkit that has remarkable everything except special attack (which is not so good) and speed (which is perfect). So I know Murkit's line is pretty fragile, but 92 attack without training at level 35 freshly transformed into Tigrath. Ow, man. Just ow. And it's fairly spe edy.
Squarpha is basically a bust. Its best water move is Bubble Burst and its best magic move is Tri Beam. Its stats are all average or above average, but nothing really stands out. It does get Manatize and Demanatize, but it's not really built to tank. Also gets Stifle, but that's a turn you'd probably better spend attacking.

I think Arctana is just hands-down better than Submenno. Submenno has more HP and probably a -bit more raw clout, plus Power Fang, but Arctana is much faster, has slightly better defenses, plus it gets Ice Tempest, which while inaccurate hurts like hell (read, 2-shots my Irroadium which is 14 levels higher).

Donnammer is a neat idea, and gets nice hard-hitting same type attacks on both sides (Hammerhead and Sparking Tail), plus Daring Comeback and Metal Fist, and Adrenaline Rush if that's your thing. Double weakness to magic hurts, as do weaknesses to earth and ghost. I think it's one of those manamon trying to be a j ack of all trades, but to me it falls a little short.

Friggle/Frorgeril are actually not half bad. Frorgerel gets AquaZap from the move tutor, and I believe Friggle can be taught Power Surge the same way, so you don't have to go Lightning Bolt or bust. Power Surge isn't wicked strong and AquaZap is situational, but still. And fairly well-rounded stats, nothing amazing. This guy might be worth more of a look.

I've tried to like Junanchel, I really have. But its defenses are fairly low, and while its HP is good and its attack is high, its deficiencies are just too big. Uproot+Aerial Vision is hilarious though, and Nature Dance after a couple of uses of Solar Conversion probably really hurts. But I think Thornita can do this too, and Thornita at least can set up behind a sleep move and has slightly better defenses, albeit a nasty poison typing that does nothing but hurt it.

I drove Craggallem into the high 60s and it gets Sturdy Stone as its last move, I think. This seems like a delaying tactic, nothing more, but Craggallem does have nice defensive stats. it's everything poor Simulon wants to be, except Simulon gets better moves (both Tunnel and Rock Avalanche or whatever it's called). Craggallem is crying out for these moves, or Earthquake. On that same note, I'd love it if Grandlan got Earthquake, but at least it gets Toxic Tail and Blaze Rampage from the move tutor. Another one of those decent-at-everything manamon, Grandland is. Better than I thought it was, but still weak to everything. Haha.

I'm not gonna do this for absolutely every manamon all over again. Many I'm sold on or absolutely done with (Dussoket is an example of the former, Viralite an example of the latter), but this is sort of fun. I'll also add to my guide as I can, to make sure that my manamon impressions are as up-to-date and accurate as they can be.