Re: New gamer here.

on top of the typical games, here are a few more
ninja gaiden 3: razor's edge, PS3/X360/wiiU
if you pick up this one make sure it's razor's edge, the original version is just... no
unless you already have it, lol
unfortunately the first 2 games in the series aren't as linear as 3 is and involve a lot more exploration elements, which makes them pretty much unplayable as far as I know
naruto shippuden: ultimate ninja storm 4, PS4/XB1
typical anime fighter, but still fun IMO
any fighter: DOA, SF, MK, tekken, SC, KI, etc
that's just a blanket list of the most well-known ones, but yeah pretty much every fighter is playable
if you've picked up music games before those are still doable for you with a little time adjusting, rock band's the only one I play though but the colours you hit do make sense in regards to what the music's doing, so you do get used to that
I've heard odin sphere leifthras ir is also playable, haven't tried it myself though
I'm probably forgetting a bunch here, I'm just listing off whatever I can think of right now
this is a list from a totally blind person, but if you have any vision left that might increase your options a little
hth
edit: trust me you're not alone there, lol wish I could play those too, heard so much about them and a few of my cousins have played when I was around
FF, I mean

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Hrvoje via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Riad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dd via Audiogames-reflector