Re: New gamer here.

@D&d, the problem is that different developers use different programming languages and styles, and are themselves hobbyists who do things in their own way, it's not quite as easy as you think.
then again tools like Bgt have made life easier, I can't imagine a game like manamon being produced before now.

I will also point out a lot of good stuff on Ios, since with vo being more readily available than screen reader output on windows, it's more common to find developers who don't set out to make accessible games but end up with something pretty awesome, look at the adventure to fate games as an example.

this has actually been a constant question in audiogames, and while no i don't think that we'll ever catch up to literal mainstream games owing to the simple lack of resources, i will say from the perspective of someone who's been involved with audiogames for quite a long time it's really astounding! how much things have i mproved and will continue to do so, --- yes yee young whipper snappers don't know how hard things was in my day! and you wrotten kids should gget off my lawn, --- and get me some lemon sherbert! wag finger, stroke long grye beerd, puff puff on pipe! big_smile.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lukas via Audiogames-reflector