Re: Awesome news and asking for your help

Hi Nikola,
congratulations on the new library. I'm glad to hear of it and will certainly be buying it when money permits, no matter the payment method, although I would prefer standard payment for this kind of project myself. Even the previous library was not bad but many particular sounds just were not suitable for the kind of audiogames that I've been making. So, a bigger library with more and better sounds is always good news. :-)

Just to clarify the purpose, why exactly would you prefer a campaign? What else do you need to fund? Is the library not completely made yet, or you just want to make sure you are going to get a certain amount of money off it if not enough people bought it directly, or what?

Like I said, I would prefer direct payment for this, but I'm not against a campaign either. I've supported several in the past and I do like the philosophy of campaigns as such, so no problem there. Haven't heard of Gofundme before, either, but that platform definitely sounds interesting, so I'll certainly check it out for possible campaigns to support.

Another alternative to Kickstarter that you might want to consider is Indiegogo. I believe the site is just indiegogo.com but you may want to Google it just to make sure.
Just like Kickstarter, this is meant for creative work and similar projects, and it also seemed a bit more accessible, and less cluttered and thus easier to navigate, and also the website as such seemed to be much faster and more responsive to me, when I supported NVDA Remote on it. Unlike Kickstarter, however, you do get to keep the money here even if you don't fully meet the goal, so that could be an interesting option for you in this regard.

By the way, I have also voted already, my vote was for direct payment but this message should explain my reasoning.

Thanks for the good news, good luck with the library, and I'll certainly be buying it no matter what if you do provide a demo or preview of some sort and I find the quality improvement worth it. :-)

Hope this helps,
Lukas

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ns-studios via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ns-studios via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ns-studios via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ns-studios via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ns-studios via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector