Re: I'm seriously concerned

Hi Steve,

A very good post.
I definitely agree that we have the right to express our opinions and give feedback. However, I feel that we really need to make sure that we express ourselves in a non-hostile manner, when possible. I definitely see where some of those people are coming from, though. I'm not naming any names, but I've thought more than once that many people in the blind community seem to have this sense of entitlement, and when some of them don't get what they feel they deserve, they can become quite nasty, and it has left me feeling appalled on several occasions, that people around my age, and sometimes even older, can suddenly revert to the behavior of spoiled children. That may sound harsh, but there you have it.
This is the real world, and in the real world, we're not entitled to everything. We can ask for things to change, but throwing a fit over it is only going to make things worse for us, and may even give the rest of the com munity a bad reputation.
I don't know about you, but if I were a sighted app developer, for example, and someone sent me a really rude message about making my apps work with VoiceOver or Talkback, I wouldn't feel very inclined to work on it, now or ever.