Re: proper Formatting/ presenting documents in ms word and other word proc

Hello Ambro,
You are welcome.
I am currently using Office 2016 and I don’t use any extention to customise ribbons or menus. You have commands that open each ribbon such as home tab (alt+H) file tab (alt+F), etc. Alternatively, you can browse ribbons by pressing alt (something I guess you already know) and navigating with left and right arrows and then pressing space to open one ribbon. Screen readers such as JAWS or NVDA have this tendency to jump from one page to another, skip tables, footnotes, etc. In this cases, when you detect that a text is unconnected to the text you were previously reading, press left arrow on the beginning of the current line. Find quickly the text you were reading previously, and go to the end of that line and press right arrow to jump to the next line. This should properly focus you on the next occurrence of text, be it a table, a footnote or a page break. Generally, that’s what I do to read footnotes or tables correctly. JAWS may be slow, but that depends also on the compatibility of JAWS and the program you are using, as well as the size and complexity of the document you are working on.

@Grryf,
You are warmly welcome. I really hope my instructions and posts will help you.
To answer your first question, it depends on what it is. If it’s simply a blank line, you don’t need to place any number of spaces, because it’s just a blank line, meant to be blank. If it’s a date, like (31st December 2016) that you type on the beginning of one document, you could leave three spaces. Also, if stating the type of your document by a word, such as (writing, test, topic, homework, classwork) you could surely leave three spaces or six.

To answer your second question, justifying can be used in each document you type, be it a note, an essay, a homework or classwork. Justifying is more of an aesthetic effect to your document that makes it more complete and regular. I don’t know much about aligning, honestly. When you write the first draft of a document, it is aligned left, but you should justify it.