Re: Kickstarter Project for "A Hero's Call" from Out of Sight Games

[[wow]], lots of questions. I love it!

Hamada: Yes, all the "ambient" dialogue you're hearing from people in the demo is from a free sound pack we're using for stand-in vocals, for the time being. And yes, even in most mainstream games most NPCs will just have a handful of ambient phrases they cycle through, which is what we'll be doing as well. But it will hopefully be varied enough that it's not as repetitive as it is now, with the limited sounds from that pack we were using.

Aaron: Yes, the goal is for sighted players to turn off the radar as well as all text-to-speech. Currently we're still working on the UI so that they can turn off all TTS, as there are still some things only being communicated through speech; but the team member working on the graphics is already successfully playing with no radar cues. For your friend's sake, hopefully we'll meet this next stretch goal...

Threeblacknoises: Thanks for the kind w ords. The game can definitely be played just with SAPI, if that's what you would prefer. Right now (just because we haven't set it differently) it boots with graphics AND audio cues enabled. We will probably set it up so that you choose which mode you want to play in when you start a new game. And to answer your later question: right now it's letter keys but just cause we haven't set up the arrow keys to work that way yet. No reason we couldn't. We're also digging into gamepad support, which will hopefully be part of the game if we can get a control scheme we're happy with.

Amerikranian: I'm gonna respond one by one to make it easier:
* Tavern - It could be good to liven the place up - but there's also a point at which having too much going on leads to information overload, especially for those of us playing with our ears. So we have to find that proper balance.
* Yes, you can run. If you listen carefully, you'll find that in the demo I walked while in town, but ran in the graveyard. Usually I don't walk but we decided for demo purposes it might be preferable.
* What do you mean by a postgame? Clarify and I'd be happy to answer.
* When you ask how fast keys arrive after you pay, do you mean once the game has released? I don't know why there would be any sort of delay. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question?
* Every party member is required at some point in order to beat the main quest. But remember that the primary function of a game like this isn't challenge, it's storytelling and world building, and your party members are a key part of that - so I wouldn't want to play without them, personally. We're putting a lot of effort into writing compelling characters, and the voice cast for the main party is phenomenal, so you won't want to miss out on getting to know these characters.
* The only time you have to reload is when everyone in your current party is defeated. So long as at least one member is able to survive, you can continue. I say "defeated" and not "killed" because death would be permanent, but defeated party members can be revived.

Did I miss anything? Hope not. I can hardly believe we're just coming up on the end of the first week of this campaign. [[wow]]!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hamada via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector