Re: Kickstarter Project for "A Hero's Call" from Out of Sight Games

Hey, great question. When we say exclusive, we mean it. The bonus items will be included in the collector's edition, which means that if we offer the collector's edition for sale after the KSC (something we still aren't sure about) that will be the only way to acquire them. Outside of the KSC, there is no other way to get these items in the standard digital download, nor will there ever be.

As for whether it will give players an unfair advantage - I suppose so, yes. Though this assumes that players choose to use the items - again, it's not like they will be the most powerful items imaginable - rather they'll be unique in interesting ways. So you may get an item that does something no other item does (perhaps a longsword that reduces your enemy's total armor rating every time you use it, or a bow that gets more powerful as you level up, or a ring that gives you a major dodge bonus against ranged weapons - just a random examples, not promising thi s will actually be the case). But that doesn't mean you'll never find a sword which deals more overall damage, or a bow which has better overall stats, or a ring which may be more useful to your character, So then the player has to choose which item they want to use. And at any rate - why shouldn't players who shell out the extra cash for these items have an easier time progressing through the game? It seems only fair, if you ask me.

Hope that answers your question!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : wlomas via Audiogames-reflector