Re: How do I transfer whatsapp data from an iphone

Try exporting to Google Drive. You get 15GB of space for free, and the Iphone app is pretty accessible as far as I can tell. This is what I did when I ran into the exact problem you mention. And I'm sorry to hear that you also went through the nightmare of trying inaccessible software. In my case it was worse; one of the programs I tried turned out to be malware, and I spent a not so fun-filled day removing it. If Apple would stop being so damn proprietary, and remove some of the limitations they impose on being able to move data between their devices and computers, certain sleazy software developers would have one less avenue for scamming people.