Re: How do I transfer whatsapp data from an iphone

Doesn't that service sync via an account? I'm sorry I don't use it so can't really comment any further. You could try connecting your device to iTunes and see if the data appears in the app sharing list that allows you to import and export data from specific apps. As for Apple's proprietary and closed data system, I don't see that going away. Apple does what ever they feel like, and the customer is expected to like it or take a hike.