Re: How do I transfer whatsapp data from an iphone

Oh, I know. And usually, I shrug it off and see it as the price of entry for using an Iphone, which isn't ordinarily that big of a deal. If I'd wanted a more open approach badly enough, I would have bought an Android device instead. But every once in awhile, crap like this happens, and I do see that greener grass on the other side of the walled garden.

You definitely can't sync your chat history from What'sapp using Itunes. This was the first thing I tried during my long search to solve this problem. There were chats that I absolutely refused to part with. While it's true that all data that is stored in apps does get backed up if you do a manual backup with Itunes, or if you use ICloud, you can't access specific data that is stored in apps in this way. So that's not an option, sadly. Even if Apple showed some flexibility in this regard, it would make our lives a lot easier. I know that's just wishful thinking on my part, but it certain ly would be nice.