Re: Supernova disappointments

Well Garret as I said, supernova used to be an exceptionally good screen reader I was happy with.
It used to be that supernova didn't concentrate on extra bells and whistles such as keys to read time and battery life (though it was easy enough to switch to dolphin curser, hit ctrl end and read such things on the taskbar), but just gave you good tools for exploring the screen.

One feature of Supernova I will admit I do miss in Nvda was setting levels of punctuation and things like numbers announced as either words or values spoken capitals dependingwhat you were doing even what sort of control you were looking at.

For example, I set supernova to read capitals and all punctuation when I was writing or when I used the basic read line hotkey, also to announce numbers in digits only so that I could accurately edit what I wrote.

In NVda, while I can control amount of symbols spoken generally and can toggle when I more or less spoken with the hotkey, don 9;t seem to be able to setup what is spoken when directly.

I believe I can get some of the same functionality by setting up triggers and switching profiles, but it's not quite as or easy to setup as supernova.

The problem really with supernova is more one of actual support  giving the same access to modern windows as it used to in the classic days. Maybe it will catch up to this, I don't know, but it certainly won't if Dolphin just take any criticism as "well we don't support that so we don't have to worry about it" type of position.

I'm genuinely quite sad about this, since I've been using supernova for nearly 20 years since got my first windows 3.1 pc when I was thirteen, but so it goes.