Re: Discussion about Blind Accessibility - the next steps?

So if I have this right, what he's doing is each snapshot he's converting each pixel into essentially an amplitude value, and x denotes timing and y denotes pitch. I also imagine these snapshots make a lot of audio noise so they have to be toggled on and off? Either way it sounds like an interesting navigation tool.

I actually probably could translate that into game maker, overhead permitting lol. Well, probably not panning unfortunately since GM's sound engine sucks. However I think with commercial games in order to implement this snapshot system a separate mask would need to be implemented, along with whatever collision masks are there.

Going back to relational maps, I think the most effective use of this snapshot system would to use it as sort of a map that can be accessed at any point; this removes the noise level problem as well as allowing a player to essentially "glance" at their immediate vicinity. This solves the distance problem but i dk if it helps in fast paced scenarios. I mean fill me in here I'm learning a lot lol.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector