Re: I feel like college is changing my friend

But... he punishes you severely for not being exposed to him. Even unbaptized babies and people born before Jesus are believed in some way to go to hell.

Considering that he's the creator of everything, I don't really buy the argument that he's trying to protect you from hell. If he is both benevolent and trying to protect you from hell, he cannot by definition be omnipotent. If he was, he would have created hell by definition, and sends people to there who do not open their hearts to him, which is an extremely malevolent move.

You can assert all you want but it appears that you are not really addressing the core problems. If that's fine by you, that's fine by you, but you won't win me over as a convert. I'm skeptical by nature and honestly, if God had enough compelling evidence to believe in his existence, I would; however, as time goes on, we are constantly filling the gaps that we once assigned to God through science and philosop hy. Unfortunately, vague threats delivered by people claiming to channel God in an indirect way is not sufficient evidence.

You assert that because he is holy that he is free of sin, and yet he sends unbaptized children and people born before Jesus Christ to hell. Perhaps God's sense of morality is different than mine, but that only demonstrates that God's morality is subjective, and therefore to assert he is free of sin is incorrect.

Your second claim is a false analogy. Few parents, outside of the most horrible and evil, would ever send their child to a place of eternal damnation (or even anything roughly equivalent) because they refused to listen to them. After all, it could be that the parents are wrong and they aren't aware of the fact that they are wrong. Since God's morality is subjective, it is possible too that God is not aware of what he is doing is wrong. All of this conflicts with the idea that God is omnipotent or omniscient.

In fac t, parents usually try to dissuade children from doing "bad things" because it will affect them negatively in the future with no fault of the parents. For example, if a child gets addicted to drugs, the torment caused by that is not caused by the parents. However, God literally sends people to hell if they do not obey. Furthermore, there is little evidence to suggest that those who do not follow God are actually hurting themselves because they refuse to believe in God. Many atheists live bountiful, successful lives without believing in God, so why should someone believe in God?

Ultimately, all you're doing is closing yourself off to philosophical discussion over morality and how to live one's life by simply asserting that the Christian god is the answer. I have no reason to accept your assertion though, since there's a lot of flaws with it.

Fun tidbit - it's unlikely that on a fundamental level we have any free will at all. However, because our minds are so far abstracted from the very technical chemical reactions that form our brains, it can be treated as almost equivalent to free will, in the sense that a RNG isn't truly random but it produces acceptable random results. This can be easily demonstrated with using medications that affect someone's state of mind, such as drugs used to treat psychotic people.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Andy93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Andy93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Andy93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : almeida_br via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hhurstseth405 via Audiogames-reflector