Re: Identifying possible console audible indicators

I'm kinda lost here because its a very complex game that's fast paced and while I think we do need audio implementation, of some sort, it can get overwhelming if not done right. You keep saying surround sound in your posts, but I think you mean 3D audio, I don't know many people with an actual 5.1 or better surround sound system in their house, most would be playing over The speakers, a stereo system, or headphones.

One other thing is that if this is done, you'll get a lot of people interested because its new, and they don't know anything about football. I do, but not the in depth stuff TTS to read the plays as you move around then, an indicator for if you flip the play, etc. is definitely needed. What's also needed is a description of each play, to be studied outside the game since we cannot use the diagram on screen. Also since each screen I think comes up with 3 or 6 plays, and you press the square, X circle and triangle buttons to select the m, well we need some indication of that as well. My knowledge is a bit out of date, the last Madden game I played was Madden 14.

Also, what would be done about a receiver who was open, but is now covered by a defender. I think the tone for his button shouldn't just go away, but should be occluded and fade out as he becomes less able to catch a pass. Also some more mundane things. A way to see how much time is on the clock, to see if the clock is still running or stopped, maybe an audible indicator that ticks that last 10 seconds of the play clock. Here's this too, how would you know where you can take the ball if running it. Yeah you can hear the other players around you, but I don't know if its good enough to tell if there's a hole you can sneak through. Also sort of a blip when you're being pursued if you're running the ball and you get out ahead of the defense, you're being chased down, you need to keep running, etc. The more rapidly the b lips come, that lets you know you're in trouble, if they start to slacken off, it means you're gaining ground on them. Also perhaps some kind of indication when you pass the chains and score a first down. Not that that means you should stop, but just lets you know whats going on around you.

I am partially sighted, getting worse but I used to play pretty well in Madden 08, that's the one I'm more familiar with so I'm sure things have changed a lot since then. There's just so many visual elements on the screen that I don't begin to know how to represent them all, or what of it can be ignored. For instance, when you're in the huddle and on offensive, about to snap the ball, you don't need to know where all the defenders on the screen are at that point, after play begins though, you're gonna need to know who your nearest threat is if that makes sense. I don't think you can represent all of them on screen at once with little bl ips and stuff, thankfully, audio is getting a lot better, so we'll probably be able to tell because of their footsteps, but again, we need to know where we can get through.

On defense, we're gonna probably need to know where the ball carrier is at all times as well as where we'er meant to go once play begins. If we're running after the ball carrier, again we need an indicator but this time we want to hear those faster beeps, that lets us know we're in range to go for a tackle. As the QB when throwing a pass, I think we need some sort of indicator of our distance from the line of scrimmage, that way we know we can drop back some if pressured by the D. This won't exactly tell us how far we are away from our intended receiver, but since that can change, I think knowing how far we are from the line is a good compromise.

Also, if running the ball, the announcer will usually call out yardage, so that doesn't really need anything done, but wha t does is knowing where we are on the field laterally so we don't go out of bounds, I think a sound that say is silent in the middle, and only starts to get loud as you approach the out of bounds line on either side might do the job. I think a yardage given at the end of play would be nice, like on X's 30 yard line or whatever so that you have the information you need to make smart decisions.

Also a way to be able to kick the ball accessibly if going for a field goal, or if the other side is receiving during kickoff, or the extra point. I don't know how the newer mechanics work, I remember the way it worked in Madden 08 though, but that's probably not much help now. But yeah an indicator how strong the wind is, and something for left/right and up/down. An indication where the goal posts are in relation to the kicker as well where appropriate.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Hektor via Audiogames-reflector