Re: Any Red Dwarf fans out there?

I'm afraid I really can't! imagine reading red dwarf with a synth at all, then again I'm not a fan of reading most any literature with a synth anyway.
With regards to the books unabridged audio versions of the first two, namely infinity favours careful drives and better than life are available from most anywhere.
I'd highly recommend these since they are read by Chris Barry himself who does a truly amazing job. The books are written by the series co creators rob grant and doug nailer under the pen name Grant Nailer.

There are two alternative third books, Doug Nailer's Last human and Rob Grant's backwards, both of  them conclude the series in a different way.

of these last human is imho the distinct superior, --- backwards has moments (especially the introduction of Ace rimmer), but imho both the humour and the plot just aren't as good, indeed I get the feeling from the books that Grant was in to the jokes and nailer more into the plot which is why last human is in general less funny than the others for all it gives probably the best actual definite ending Red dwarf could have.

Unfortunatelylast I checked commercial audio versions of the last two books are both abridged. In the case of Last very slightly (though we do unfortunately miss the dna section), in the case of backwards really! really! badly (mi9ssing the  gunmen of the appocalypse ending).

Likewise Last human is red by Craig charlse (who does a pretty awesome job but not imho as good as Chris barry), while backwards is red by Rob Grant himself who is pretty dire.

Other than the commercial audio versions, all four books are available from the Rnib in unabriged copies red by an acotr called David thorp who does a pretty good job, even though he doesn't quite follow the voices of the series, ---- his cat with a deep, fifties dj voice and his rather camp butler sounding Crytan is not exactly the way I imagined either character, but they definitely work.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : djrockmasterrob via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : djrockmasterrob via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : OlgaAmbupe via Audiogames-reflector