Re: Research on videogame development for blind users

defender wrote:

I'm not a coder my self, but I know of two people who are that you may want to talk to.

The first is Oriol Gomez, he's from Spain as well,  but he's also blind and has made several popular games for the community.  He's on this forum but you can also find his website at oriolgomez.com where you can find his games and contact info.
He also has a Skype "oriolgs58" but I don't know how current that is.

The second is Guillem LeónAKA guilevi who is also from Spain, is blind, and has made a couple games for the community, his twitter "@guillelv_2000" seems to not be active any more, and I don't remember his Skype, but he's on the forum even though he doesn't post much and Oriol and him worked on a game together, so you can probably find him through Oriol.

PS. Having a disability does make you inferior, on the most simple level of comparison to the human baseline, I'm fine with that, if not particularly happy about it, and I can mostly overcome my innate disadvantages from day to day, though some can do it better and I have off days, but I'm not going to put my fingers in my ears and yell "La La La I can't heaeaeaear yououououou" while frantically wishing the blind away either.
Terms like that are for making the people who are forced to interact with you feel more comfortable about their own natural empathy, rather than learning how to temper it so that they can still feel sympathetic towards you, but also treat you like a person. Basically, it's a shortcut, saying a few empty words is easier than restructuring your outlook in order to suppress your built in biases.

That said however, I can pretty much guarantee you that no one on this forum will be offended either way, including me, sure we may have our opinions, but anyone with a bit of common sense can tell that your just trying to be kind and do the right thing, and the only reason I'm saying anything about it is because you using it brought up a long running, and not even particularly contentious conversation which already existed in this community, not because I connect it's usage to you personally.

I have sent an email to Oriol and Guillem. And thank you for your explanation of terms and the like; despite of not being able to express it in English, I can say that I got your point XD.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : alvarocaceresmunoz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Amit via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : alvarocaceresmunoz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Amit via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : king gamer222 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : alvarocaceresmunoz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : alvarocaceresmunoz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : alvarocaceresmunoz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : SLJ via Audiogames-reflector