Re: Research on videogame development for blind users

Hi again,

I am developing a small demo to test one part of the user interface. Basically you have a 3D space with some game objects placed in there. No windows, no buttons, no menus; the idea is to keep it simple. Each object makes a different sound. You can navigate the 3D world with your keyboard. You can identify position and type of objects either with sound or with a verbal description.

You have to identify objects in space. Examples: how many enemies are in the scene? Is the car close or far away from the enemy?

You only need a computer that can handle basic 3D, keyboard and headphones. In principle it will work in Windows / Linux / Mac, 32 / 64 bit.

I have to finish the thesis before next week so I will be creating the demo during these days. I will give you a link to download it. If anyone is interested to try it please let me know.

Best regards,
Alvaro Caceres

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : alvarocaceresmunoz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Amit via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : alvarocaceresmunoz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Amit via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : king gamer222 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : alvarocaceresmunoz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : alvarocaceresmunoz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : alvarocaceresmunoz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : SLJ via Audiogames-reflector