Re: VG Storm games and JAWS

Matchmaker is the game I was referring to, it is written in BGT, has to keyboard hooking conflict with JAWS, and does not use SAPI, it depends on you having a screen reader running for the game to be accessible.

While checking out the start up of the three games I downloaded, Manamon, The Gate, and Psycho Strike, I noted that the gate also had the keyboard hooking conflict, so whether VG Storm programmed around it, I set JAWS to go to sleep in all three games.

I don't think it's fair to blame JAWS for the keyboard hook conflict. At least some of the blame has to be laid on BGT because in my three and a half years of running JAWS, the only programs I've ever encountered with the conflict are programs written with BGT.

I tried Paladin of the Skies a year or two ago and didn't like it at all. With all it's beeps, boops, and bops, instead of real sounds it seemed like I was trying to have a conversation with R2D2 instead of playing what was s upposed to be an immersive audio game. If the sounds had been more like those in Blindside or Entombed, perhaps I would have liked the game, but as it was, I quit playing it after only 15 minutes.