Re: CodeFactory Eloquence

On the upside, I got to the bottom of my sound issue with Talking PE. The sound was working fine, it turned out for some reason NVDA needed to be restarted before it would speak. Why it's doing that on this PC and neither of the others is a bit of a mystery. Got a hunch it's the eloquence add on. Would be interested to see if having the eSpeak synth as the default would change matters. Not a clue how to make permanent changes to the PE set up though, and having to restart NVDA on the rare occasion i'll need PE isn't the end of the world.
That's the funny thing about all this, if I hadn't have had such a lousy time with CF, I doubt I'd ever have heard of the talking PE, and that's worth way more than SAPI eloquence.