Re: Vocalizer Siri Voices For JAWS or NVDA

Correction Jack, you can have two Versions of Vocalizer Expressive.
At least for NVDA.
The blindhelp.net Version Labels itself v2 and thus is a separate addon from the Standard Driver found on www.vocalizer-nvda.com.
You only Need to make sure that voices or voice packs are properly named, in the case of NVDA, you only Need to edit the mainefest.ini in the Archive.
In case you don't know, you can practically make anything into an NVDA addon by compressing it as a ZIP file with Standard compression.
The ZIP will have changed from .zip to .nvda-addon obviously.
It can have subfolders, but you must have a manifest.ini in the main Folder of the Archive.

I can currently run the German Siri voices in Version 1 while V2 is also installed.
Obviously I can't run both at the same time, but in the speech engine list in NVDA, I have two Vocalizer entries listed and can Switch at will.

There is more I could tell you, but I think that  it would not be appropriate for this talk to continue into that direction here in the Forum.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lord_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : st . mc via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lord_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lord_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : st . mc via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : st . mc via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lord_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : coltonhill01 via Audiogames-reflector