Re: Another program I found that could be used for building design

Oh absolutely, 3D scanners could prove quite useful for sculpters or creating prints for materials and parts. I've looked a bit into them and there's a good article [here] that covers a few available scanners. The problem at the moment though seems to be that depending on the scanner, you tend to get a lot of artifacts like gaps in the mesh, distortions, and stray bits of mesh that often require touch ups and additional processing in a 3D modelling program before printing, a number of the apps seem to have their own touch up tools but they don't seem very accessible. How well did your scan turn out?

@hammer
SVGDraw01 runs for me, though I didn't get much into it or the documentation. It seems to use a menu based coordinate approach to drawing and has a display window fpr using programs like The vOICe. Hm, your problem cou ld be an issue with Java, does it put out any particular error message when it crashes?