Assumptions devs can make about blind gamers

I'm organising a game jam where the submitted games should be playable by blind gamers. To help the developers make fully blind accessible games I'm looking for some tips and advice.

I have a few already that I think are safe to stick with:

1. Make the UI navigable by audio only. Make buttons and menus speak their text/function.

2. Blind users would have access to a keyboard and headphones.

3. Blind users will not use a mouse.

I expect most if not all the participants will be sighted. I don't want to assume they know anything at all about developing for blind users so even the most obvious of advice is welcome.