Re: smugglers 5 questions regarding enjoyment and such

Well I should say I have played all games of the series accept 2, which is not accessible because buying upgrades and such requires clicking on pictures with no labels (it probably could've been fixed at the time the game was worked on but it's a bit late now).
S3 was my first back in 2008, which I had great fun with, though the problem with s3 is that the game gets very long winded if you want to win the war, and combatis quite repetitive especially when you need to keep going to buy more torpedos, though then again things like the gladiator games were cool, and s3 had more ship types than any other version (a shame many of them only were miner changes in design and there were no special abilities).

Four changed the playing area a lot and really fixed the access, indeed four was inaccessible first off. The main issue with four was that combat was quite repetitive again, and with fewer ship types that made the game less interesting at higher level.
fiv e was the major change since there combat got updated to use the card symbol system, you had environmental events, and! professions like tradersgot boosts at higher levels.

My only issue with five is that some professions have more fleshed out games than others and while you can win the war through trading it's a rather long winded process.

then again things like planetary raids are very cool and I love the space station battles.

Then there is invasion, which changes things up slightly more, especially with the dlc content.
A great series all in all.