Re: The Allure of Wanton Cove

I promise a single update once a month, with 3k words of content.  In reality, I usually manage a new update closer to every 2 weeks with more like +5k words of content.  Last December the game was a bit shy of 100k words of content, so I guess its averaged about 17k words of growth a month. (10 months, 175k words of growth (Give or take), not perfect math, but its in the ballpark.   wink )

While I have another project in the works that I'm trying to put a group of contributors together for (For example, just hired three artists for the game, who will be working for a percentage of any Patreon earnings.  In other words, the better the project does, the better they do.  Also been talking about the possibility of hiring one or two writers for that one as well.) Wanton Cove is a game that I started alone, and right or wrong, I kind of made up my mind th at I was going to work on it solo until at least the main narrative is complete.  So in answer to your question, its just me handling all of the writing and most of the coding.  I have a couple of friends who help out with some of the more complicated code, and I have started commissioning art for the game out of the Patreon earnings in the last few months.

The word count is partially the size of the game, after three years of development, its getting pretty big, but also it has to do with the skill checks in the game.  There are a LOT of scenes in the game that can play out more than one way depending on your character's stats, and the last time I poked around the code to look (Its been a while, so it may be more than this now) I estimated that you'd have to play the game's content about eight times in order to see everything the game has to offer.  Granted, probably 2/3 of all the content is available in a single play through assuming you k now where to look for everything.

Thank you for the message, I'm happy to hear that you are enjoying the game so far!  I'll keep making it so long as people still enjoy it!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ashaman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ashaman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ashaman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ashaman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ashaman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ashaman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ashaman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ashaman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malthe via Audiogames-reflector