Re: good audio editors?

To go to a specific time stamp, you should be able to go into the Selection area and edit the "Selection Start" field to whatever time stamp you want the cursor at. I think that's probably the best way to do it, though there may be another.

Rastislav Kiss: I've had that happen on occasion by accident. I think this usually happens if the track isn't stopped. Be sure that you've stopped the track with Space, and not just paused it with P, before you delete. Sometimes weird things seem to happen with the selection and it doesn't actually register the selection, so it defaults to selecting the whole track—I'm sure that's user error on my part, I just don't know what I'm doing to make it do that. If that happens I just hit control + Z (or command + Z on Mac) to undo, and do my selection again. I've also found that  control/command + K instead of delete gives me more consistent results for deleting audio, for some reason.