Re: The Killer: Ultra Power 2.0 with a side of suckysauce?

I'm going to weigh in on this subject once and for all, and it's probably going to come across as demented tirading, but I'm pretty sure I can speak for the moderation team of ag net at least to some extent when I say we've just about had enough with this ultrapower/redstop/whatever nonsense.  It seems at least once a month something comes up we're tossing emails back and forth amongst each other trying to figure out a solution that'll benefit everyone and get this site back into productivity mode and the community flourishing.
Here's the basic meat and potatos: this is absolutely childish!
The above line serving as the preface for everything else I'm going to write here, I'll simply start by addressing young developers.  Those of you who are exceptionally young, developing games/involved with developing games without taking your player bases into consideration are honestly giving young developers a bad name.  C onstructive and destructive criticism are evenly part of this world, sadly.  ON this site, we'll try to keep things as integrity driven as we possibly can, but cold, harsh reality falls along these lines; you just can't please everyone.  My suggestion to all of you is to stay on top of constructive criticism and try to block out the nay-sayers... I'm not saying it's easy, but it's the only solution.  Remember why you're developing; if it has nothing to do with making a product a majority of players can enjoy, then don't bother.  Seriously!  Save yourself and the rest of the community the trouble, efort and energy and go on to something that will honestly make you happy!  Be true to yourself!  There's no sense in beating dead horses and turning seemingly amazing projects into long, drawn out dramafests in which we point fingers and argue about what he said she said who did what where and how.  It's n ot productive, ruins your reputation, and will, I believe, in the long run, end up costing you a lot more than you can aford physically, mentally, emotionally!  Most importantly, this is all time you're never going to get back!  EVER!  Get out and live a little!  Technology will still be here when you get back,and gamers will too!
Script kitties?  I neither condone nor condemn your efforts fully.  If you stole a database for the sake of learning from it, you at least have a slightly reasonable mentality and I hope you learn well.  If you stole it for revenge or other malicious reasons, congratulate yourself for the few minutes or months of fame you'll be getting because that's all you'll ever have until you develop a solid product.  Ever heard of Kevin Mitnick?  if you haven't, you would do yourself some good to go research the name.  He's going to remain the best of you for a long, long time to com e, the most infamous of script kitties this side of the planet neptune who was able to social engineer just about anything out of anyone, who at the height of his hacking career, hadn't built a single script himself.  what is he doing now?  Running a security consulting agency... Yes, he's working against you and your kind, trying to apply everything he's learned to do the world of technology some good, trying to undo the damage he did, trying to make a new name for himself through solid work.  I urge you to take all of this into consideration; you can say half of this would never happen to you, but it all starts somewhere.
And now, gamers: all of us come from different walks of life, but we're all united under one common goal... We all, each and every single one of us want to game!  Some of us are into the FPS scene, while some of us like fantasy and RPG, and still others prefer incramental build up games that allow progress over a fair amount of time.  Whatever the case, we all play games and have different tastes, even within the confines of our prefered genres.  I, for instance, like FPS games in which I can either cooperate with others, or get into deathmatches with close friends instead of with a group of people I don't really know; this way I don't upset anyone else by doing whatever it takes to be good because at the end of the day, it's all still just a game!  I can't trust every single player to conduct themselves in that manner; lets face it, some of you take games far too seriously!
That having been said, in a world that is learning to appreciate democracy you have a right to, so keep on being whatever you are without my interference, but don't expect everyone else to like you because of it.  If you lose, you lose.  You're still alive to try again, aren't you?  The time you're wasting losing is yours to waste and you can blame no one other than yourself for being too stubborn to give up.
Finally, this site does not concern itself with arguments on twitter, facebook, skype, or any other social network, nor do we want to hear about conflict on a game or gaming platform.  We're not interested in knowing that you were banned for creating a script that held twenty keys down on your machine while you went to go get a drink and consequently ended up being detected by the admins and their software as a speed hack.  We don't care if you feel you have a multimillion page document concerning every reason you and your friends should be unbanned, and we don't want to hear that you felt like it was ok to do it because everyone else was doing it as well.  You make your bed; you lie in it.  We've asked you nicely not to come here and continue venting your illegitimate frustrations and push the negativity onto the rest of the community, creating topics that get bumped up and stay active and full of nonsense until we come and close them.  If admins aren't paying attention to you on their platforms and unbanning you, chances are they flat out don't care, or that you're disrespectful yourself.  If you are disrespectful, chances are we're going to find out about it, and chances are you're going to get banned from here as well.
I'm going to close by reiterating what I said in post two; as long as you behave yourself, you need not be concerned or worry any further.  Keep to the high road and game nicely; we'll be on your side if you do.  We promise.

    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Thakur ishan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rory via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ernie via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : revan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BigGun via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BigGun via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : slender via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ernie via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blink_wizard via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : charliemerry1902 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BigGun via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ernie via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector