Re: The Killer: Ultra Power 2.0 with a side of suckysauce?

ernie wrote:

@braille0109 I know he did. Sad thing is that i even started calling him a long lost brother, more so cause we have the same last name but also cause we pretty much got along. @BigGun I am sorry for the way i've acted twards you. At the time, i felt like it was the right thing to do, although now i realise that I was beaing an asshole. Hmm i guess the influence sticks when you hang around people like ivan. and again,I am sorry to not just you big gun, but anyone ells I've been messed up to.

Lol. I do have to think about something. I love how I'm being such an 'asshole' just because of a game. Oh yeah. I just did the worce thing I could have ever donein my life...I removed custom servers from a game!
So...given the topic name, and your post...Mr. Hacker, let me ask, why are you so on hosting a server if this game just is another Ultrapower clone? You must like it if you 're willing to host a server for it, right? So let me do a little explaining. When custom servers were added, I really didn't care about the game at all. The redspot update had just been released, and I just really had no motivation to continue with TK because of all this junk that's been going on with the code, redspot, blah blah blah! I'm not gonna even go into that, not because I don't want to talk about it, like I said before, if you wanna talk about it skype or whatever. But, no. But then I get these messages, how do I host a server, how do I get my IP address, how do I stop windows firewall, etc etc etc. Look, I'm a game dev, not a tech support rep. Then we have the server, first of all, I'm tryingto keep the game fair to all, including everyone's server keeps its latest version to fix a number of problems like lag, and admins just abusing stuff by giving items to themselves. I logged on to Ernie's server and saw someone with the ni ckname SamTupy. I logged on the next day and an admin randomly moved me to their location and started killing me. Yeah, I'm gonna take action on that. So Ernie's server goes into an update loop, and I try to fix it. I can't after a number of hours working  my ass off. So I release an update hosting the game again, figured it would be easier for everyone, and no more admin crap would go on. There is a reason why I really could care less what Ernie was saying on Saturday with the twitter convo. I was going to hockey practice, and I seriously had no time to sit down and write an explaination on the situation. Could I have handled it differently? I'm sure I could. But calling someone an asshole isn't helping my mood. I'm already annoyed with all these messages I get every day about this, that, fuck you, bitch, you're a fuck, on and on and on. Look, we developers also do have lives I would sometimes wish you people would just consider before you co me to the forum and write posts like these. Developing games is something we do for fun, because I like to see other people have fun out of things I create, whatever the reason for a developer's motivation is to make games or anything, we need to put that in perspective when making topics like these. I've been dealing with 'relationship' problems, we'll leave it at that. I'm sorry if I've been a little harsh or acted like an asshole but that's the situation as we stand.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : revan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BigGun via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BigGun via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ernie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blink_wizard via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : charliemerry1902 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BigGun via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ernie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blink_wizard via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : charliemerry1902 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ernie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ernie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragomier via Audiogames-reflector