Re: How do you make your coffee?

Well, I don't know how common they are, but I certainly use one... though I suspect they may be more common in the US than you might think. haha. Power supply shouldn't be a factor, as I know we definitely have the same power supply but they're I would say relatively commonplace here.  I'd say most houses I go have one, I don't personally know anyone who still boils water on the stove. For myself, we have two... an electric kettle and a hot water boiler that keeps boiled water hot so we can just get what we need quite hot when we need it. The lattor is an Asian convenience, I believe... since I've never seen one here outside of the hot water dispensers on a water cooler.  And I know the other name as well, which, if memory serves, is spelt cafetier, not cafeteir. big_smile

I'll have to look into the grinder options and see what I come up with. I prefer electric simply for the speed... especially if I have company over. I don't fancy brewing 60 grams of coffee for four or five people all by hand. But it would be nice to find a grinder that holds unground beans in the hopper and when I grind it only dispenses as I go and have it all go into a container at the bottom.