Re: How do you make your coffee?

What probably made the coffee bitter is either the brand and style they use, or more likely, that hot plate the carafe sits on.

Back when I drank more coffee and worked in an office, I always transferred the coffee from the coffee maker's carafe to a vacuum bottle thermos as soon as brewing was done. Then served up my coffee from the thermos. You avoid over brewing or burning the coffee that way. I've found that it doesn't take much to make an excellent pot of coffee undrinkable, and leaving it sitting on the coffee maker's hot plate is one sure way to do it.

What you describe as how you make your coffee sounds interesting but I'm having difficulty picturing just exactly what you are describing.

The only coffee brewing methods I've ever encountered were the percolators and the automatic drip coffee makers that took over when Mr. Coffee introduced the first one back in the 70s or 60s.