Re: Monthly chat October 2017

@Lord Lundin, hope your rehearsing goes well.

For me it's time to check in again since I've a few things to share.

Firstly I'm pleased that we've had some site updates out and that I've been able to try out new games, it's always good to be on  edge of what is going on, and hopefully site updates will be a bit more regular now that house related things are sorted, albeit my IPhone still has no battery which makes playing Ios games a bit difficult. I'd like to check out the Alteraeon Halloween stuff if I can, though whether I'll have time we'll see.

In other newsI have continued the doctor who fest with lots of fourth doctor stories and all of the time war stuff.
I'm still not sure the time war is a story that really should be told, but it is interesting to see someone who isn't the doctor being a bastard in the doctor's universe, even if I still think retconning the hole war was quite ridiculous. As with Riversong Bf seem to have restored faith in the war doctor even if the plot that introduced him was appalling.
I also liked the fact that the last two fourth doctor stories actually bought us a really alien alien world, an entire planet made of gelly like substance where people could walk as long as they didn't stay still and where the local civilization had wave walkers, who walked across the slowly moving jelly sea with balloons to keep them up.
Nice to see a really distinct planet, and one that even had a good  in a foil for Romana, though a shame she had to turn out to be a bit too eeeevil

I also finished One salt sea by Seanon McGuire with my lady and sent off a review. A trifle disappointing, especially what happened to October, though I'll not say what I thought here given that hopefully the review will be up on fantasybookreview.co.uk soon and people can read for themselves.

getting away from books and audios and so on, to celebrate my lady's birthday we went to Turtle bay last Monday. This is an awesome west indian restaurant with a lot of unusual stuff.
Wehad some amazingly nice cocktails, and some extremely good, if very spicy stew made of beef cheeks, some chicken wings with a great jerk sauce, plus some of their great rum cake.

it's always nice to try stuff from a different culinary traditional, albeit I don't know how authentic the food at Turtle bay is, still it's spiced very differently and certainly not what we usually have and thus a nice change.

This weekend we have a firework display in honour of guy forks failed attempt to blow up parliament, sort of amusing given the amount of hot air parliament is generating over brexit they'd probably set off the gun powder themselves if someone tried it now big_smile.

Hope everyone else is having a good October.