Re: Games tagged with blind support on itch.io

Ethin, why are you doing this again?
Read what you wrote, and tell me how you think it comes off to others. If it seems overly assholish, that's because it is, if not, your the one who needs to change your outlook, because almost everyone else thinks so.
Unless you want to do the old piss everyone off, get banned, come back, apologize to people that don't believe it, lay low for a while, then piss everyone off again routine, then I suggest you step away now, before you shoot your self in the foot again.

I understand that you don't like the defeatist attitude of (if it's made for sighted people then I'll stay away from it) because it isolates us, but it seems like your looking for affirmation of that attitude by taking simple, innocuous statements that are only somewhat related, and then twisting them in your mind to mean something else, so that you have something to be upset about.
Allot of people do this to some degree, me included, but as long as you recognize and deal with it, then that's all it is, a universal human flaw; but if you let it control you, then your going to get burned at the steak for it (metaphorically of course) because who the hell has time for that shit any more?

All this guy did was say, hey, their is a cool list of games that people have noticed are easier to play if your blind that we didn't even know existed, I mean, how is that a bad thing, sharing mainstream games...  If you want blind people to become more integrated, then your going to have to do it slowly, instead of just casting them into the deep end, and your going to have to take into account personal factors.
For instance, while I am willing to take advantage of the laboriously researched and much appreciated menu guides and move lists available, I am not willing to play a type of game, such as (for example) a modern open world adventure, or a fast paced FPS, that I am almost 100 percent likely to get nothing out of, without first knowing if it's even worth it, before I try my hardest and put the time in to frustratingly bang my head against a wall for hours and hours, just for the highly unlikely reward of being able to enjoy like, 25 percent of the games content at best.

However, their are people out there who are willing to do such things, and even if I think some of them are a bit crazy for putting so much time into the especially difficult ones, I still really respect them for it.
Not only do they bring our community recognition, but they can also (once in a blue moon, and with allot of hard work) get better accessibility for a game, which could then allow more casual players to enjoy it as well...
And that's fucking awesome.
But to not only expect, but also rudely demand, for the 90 percent to suddenly behave just like the 10 percent, is absurd and bound to fail.
If you truly care about this, and I'm willing to believe that you do, then you should either learn how to be allot more diplomatic, or work on the sidelines and let other people do the talking, lest you end up doing more harm than good for your cause.