Re: You find yourself in the year 1800. What do you do?

I would get as far away from where I live now as possible, because within my lifetime (assuming I have a natural lifespan, which given the absence of modern medicine would obviously be much less likely) most of the people here would be massacred. Not sure where I would go though, probably find somewhere where europeans wouldn't reach in my lifetime. Lol I would probably go west and join a band of san or something, might be the safest place to get away from all the wars that went down back then. But yeah the 1800s was generally not a particularly good part of our history so it would be hard. Hey but maybe with the internet, and if I had time to prepare and I could bring modern weapons, I could find people and we could put up a fight. And definitely medical supplies (antibiotics, antiseptics etc). Oh and back then malaria was much more widespread and actually a thing where I live now so that would also be something to watch out for. So I guess mosquito nets etc would also help.
I'm curious how the people of the time would respond to that kind of technology. I'm pretty sure they would see it as something supernatural. And obviously with access to the internet you could predict what would happen when, well the major events that you can find historical records for anyway, and assuming it follows the same historical timeline besides for what changes due to your interventions. It would be fascinating to actually live and experienced how people back then lived, although I suspect it would get old quick and it wouldn't take long for me to want to get back to the modern world. If anything it would certainly make you appreciate what we have now