Re: Why I am 100 percent against schools for the blind

I started school in a public school which had a classroom specifically for the blind students in the area in side it. We got to go home every night, and we never really interacted with the sighted kids there at first. But as I entered 3rd grade, I started to mainstream slowly into lessons with sighted peers.
They increased the amount of mainstream time until the end of 4th grade, when they thought I was ready for full time mainstreaming. I then went to public school from grade 5 on. Compared to some of you guys's experiences, I had on ok time.
Public school, on the other hand, was a nightmare. People were always horrible to me. But I wouldn't have changed how it went, I would've never stood for being in the school for the blind full time. I couldn't handle the way they want to control every aspect of life. I am a rebel and probably would've been kicked out anyway if I had to deal with anything close to some of the things listed above.
It's really interesting to read about everybody's experiences. They make me glad I never went to one full time.