Re: Iphone 8 home button trouble?

Did you come from a 6 or something and jump over the 7? A 7's what I have now and it has that so-called virtual home button that doesn't really press. I admit it was a little odd at first, but it took me only about 5 minutes to get to grips with it. It's not that bad, and it won't wear out like the one on my dad's 6S that's kind of jenk, I mean, it still works, but its kind of jenk. I don't really want an 8 or an X, I'm content with my 7, but I'd be interested to hear from people who have had the 7 and have since upgraded to the 8 if the home button works differently.

I think your major issue is probably yourself. What I mean by that is it doesn't work the way you expect it to, so you get frustrated, then its not working because you're not really thinking about what you're doing, so you get angry, now your judgement is clouded and making any learning exercise null and void. Trust me, I speak from experience lol.

I still have reachability on even though I don't use it, but I only trigger it accidentally every once in a while. I don't have any trouble getting the app switcher to pop up, or to switch on or off voice over, or to bring up apple pay on the lock screen etc. What I would recommend you do is go into the home button area, like you said, turn that strength all the way up, and  you can practice in that area without affecting anything. The home button will not take you home in that practice area, so you have to hit back or done or whatever it is before the home button will work again for that purpose. But you can practice using it and double and triple tapping and stuff.